VisioSphere

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What I've seen, felt and hurt in Romania

This month, HotNews organized an interesting photo contest meant to bring amateur and professional photographers together. The theme is very generous considering the many posibilities for the artists to capture beautiful scenery, emotional moments from day to day life of Romanians all over the country and painful portraits. It makes no difference if the photos were taken in the Carpathian mountains, in the frozen Black Sea or in the vast fields of Muntenia, they are altogether fascinating. I personally took an hour to view the final selected photos which comprise of 100 images. They are found here:
http://www.hotnews.ro/concursfoto/concursfoto_finala.php

I have inserted a few pictures which, in my opinion, follow the requirements of the contest: to capture the theme, to not be digitally modified or already published.



Autumn sunrise in Semenic Mountains


Morning thoughts


Autum in Iliesti



Childhood on a sidewalk in Bucharest


Drawings in water, at Jdioara



Tag: Romania

4 Comments:

  • Yes, quite a great idea. I've also posted something on the contest a few days ago. But what I disliked most is that if you do not get a direct link to the contest, it is quite a quest to get to it from the HotNews homepage. i got bored after the first minute :)

    By Blogger Alina, at 11:31 AM  

  • Why didn't I know anything about your blog? :O I've just discovered it. It's nice to see you've decided to write something. One curiosity, the photos are really not digitally improved?

    Kisses!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM  

  • You are right, Alina, about the HotNews website, they should have organized it better. I saw your post about the contest. Good to know more people found out about it.

    By Blogger Cristina Banu, at 9:08 PM  

  • Hey Sim :) I just started posting on the blog a few days ago and I didn't get the chance of telling you. I linked your blog though :) The contest website reports that the photos are not digitally improved except the light effects, which are allows by the regulations.

    By Blogger Cristina Banu, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home