VisioSphere

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year has come



It seems that New Year's Eve has come and gone suddenly. I can't really tell the exact moment when I realized we've entered the new year but then again I never cared too much for the standardised celebrations meant to be compulsory for everybody. The best practical thing I find for New Year's celebration is each person's private recollection of the past year, with the ups and downs, good and bad memories, things we've wished we would've done differently, inspired and stupid decisions, new people in our lives and so on. These thoughts guide us in a way to the new year, with fresh confidence in ourselves and what the year will bring. No matter how many supersistions we can find in each culture related to this event, the important thing is to keep our faith, confidence that somehow everything will be better.
Therefore, let's all enjoy 2007 and live every moment as intense as we can!


Permalink

6 Comments:

  • Happy new year Cristina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 AM  

  • Happy New Year to you too, Tarek and more2you :)

    By Blogger Cristina Banu, at 12:26 AM  

  • Happy New Year, wife! :P

    The past two years meant a lot of visiting for me in this period. So the think and ponder part of the new year has been a little postponed. I do not totally agree with it, what's done is done. But it is a sometimes necessary, to see where you're coming from and where you're headed.

    By Blogger Alina, at 4:51 PM  

  • For some years now, I don't feel any different in this night, between years. Not full of joy, as a new year arrives, with new opportunities, or full of sorrow as another year has passed, with so much left behind. In fact, I don't feel it any more different as the passing of a month, or a week or even a day. (I'm either very disappointed by my life, or I have seen'em all, done'em all or I just have lost any notion of time.) The only problem I have is getting used to the new notation. But that's just me. To everyone else, Happy New Year! May all your best wishes that you truly need come true!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 AM  

  • Ryan, I know what you mean with getting used to the new year notation. For the first 2 weeks I feel I am still in the old year. Confusions may arise because of this :)

    By Blogger Cristina Banu, at 10:17 AM  

  • Ali, I'd like to try next year to travel for NYE. I think it would be fun. Some exotic destination, to lay in the sun and swim in clear ocean water :)

    By Blogger Cristina Banu, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home